Like zillions of other people, I’m enchanted by Hello Kitty and amazed by the worldwide phenomenon of the cute cat that was born in Japan and now adorns all manner of products and objects and toys and appliances worldwide. And, I’m enchanted by this totally cool video of a 7th grade school science project, in which Hello Kitty flies into space and back:
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including "panko," "udon," "sake," "anime" and "karaoke"
- A Chinese mother explains why being a hard-ass Asian parent is better for your kids than Western coddling
- Banana wasn't just a gathering of Asian American Pacific Islander bloggers – it was a statement of solidarity, camaraderie and community
- Some people think Japan's earthquake and tsunami are payback for Pearl Harbor? Really?
- Does comedy excuse racism? Trailer for "The Goods: Live Hard Sell Hard"
- Really? ESPN uses "chink" about Jeremy Lin in headline after loss against Hornets. Really.
- Keanu Reeves as a samurai: Is it still 'yellowface' if the actor is hapa?
- Colorado balloon boy Falcon Heene: I notice when Asian Americans are in the news, for good or bad