Like zillions of other people, I’m enchanted by Hello Kitty and amazed by the worldwide phenomenon of the cute cat that was born in Japan and now adorns all manner of products and objects and toys and appliances worldwide. And, I’m enchanted by this totally cool video of a 7th grade school science project, in which Hello Kitty flies into space and back:
- Jeremy Lin's rise sparks national discussion on race and racial issues, not just over Asian Americans
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including "panko," "udon," "sake," "anime" and "karaoke"
- Korea's obsession with plastic surgery is creating a generation of clone-looking young people
- Really? ESPN uses "chink" about Jeremy Lin in headline after loss against Hornets. Really.
- What are words worth: Hapa, Hafu or Mixed-Race?
- A Chinese mother explains why being a hard-ass Asian parent is better for your kids than Western coddling
- Does Buddhism have a diversity problem?
- Sandra Oh's next career move: producing, raising funds for animated feature "Window Horses"