Like zillions of other people, I’m enchanted by Hello Kitty and amazed by the worldwide phenomenon of the cute cat that was born in Japan and now adorns all manner of products and objects and toys and appliances worldwide. And, I’m enchanted by this totally cool video of a 7th grade school science project, in which Hello Kitty flies into space and back:
- Jeremy Lin's rise sparks national discussion on race and racial issues, not just over Asian Americans
- Jeremy Lin and Linsanity: Followup thoughts on race and Asian America
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including "panko," "udon," "sake," "anime" and "karaoke"
- A graduating student's update about the University of Colorado's "War Against Asians" Campus Press article
- Godzilla, the world's most famous Japanese American
- “The Red Kimono” captures the tragedy of internment, and the larger context of racial injustice
- Really? ESPN uses "chink" about Jeremy Lin in headline after loss against Hornets. Really.
- "Fresh Off the Boat" could be the tipping point on TV for Asian Americans