Like zillions of other people, I’m enchanted by Hello Kitty and amazed by the worldwide phenomenon of the cute cat that was born in Japan and now adorns all manner of products and objects and toys and appliances worldwide. And, I’m enchanted by this totally cool video of a 7th grade school science project, in which Hello Kitty flies into space and back:
- We need to train young journalists (and people in general) about older racial epithets
- Yellowface redux: Why is it OK for Hollywood to cast white people as Asians?
- Sushi Poppers: is sushi in a tube progress?
- Korea’s obsession with plastic surgery is creating a generation of clone-looking young people
- Asian Americans are making progress in mainstream American pop culture
- Half-Arab, half-Jewish woman & two Indian passengers profiled on flight on 9/11, arrested
- Anti-Chinese sentiment never seems to go away, even when the US Senate apologizes for past racism
- Japanese don’t draw anime characters to be white