Like zillions of other people, I’m enchanted by Hello Kitty and amazed by the worldwide phenomenon of the cute cat that was born in Japan and now adorns all manner of products and objects and toys and appliances worldwide. And, I’m enchanted by this totally cool video of a 7th grade school science project, in which Hello Kitty flies into space and back:
- Jeremy Lin's rise sparks national discussion on race and racial issues, not just over Asian Americans
- A pronunciation guide for Japanese words including "panko," "udon," "sake," "anime" and "karaoke"
- A graduating student's update about the University of Colorado's "War Against Asians" Campus Press article
- Really? ESPN uses "chink" about Jeremy Lin in headline after loss against Hornets. Really.
- San Francisco's Hokubei Mainichi the latest Japanese community newspaper to shut down
- About Gil Asakawa's Nikkeiview
- Growing up with stinky, slimy, altogether wonderful Japanese food
- Dale Li vividly brings to life Japanese American tragedy in 'Dust Storm'