This commercial debuts on TV during the American Music Awards. Takei, who’s a hero to Asian Americans, gay people and sci-fi geeks the world over, is just so shameless about having fun in everything he does….
- Vincent Chin’s hate crime attack was 27 years ago today
- Yellowface redux: Why is it OK for Hollywood to cast white people as Asians?
- Korea’s obsession with plastic surgery is creating a generation of clone-looking young people
- What are words worth: Hapa, Hafu or Mixed-Race?
- We need to train young journalists (and people in general) about older racial epithets
- Sushi Poppers: is sushi in a tube progress?
- Anti-Chinese sentiment never seems to go away, even when the US Senate apologizes for past racism
- Asian Americans are making progress in mainstream American pop culture